Email   |   Call  020 8566 5522

Representative of an Overseas Business Visa

If a foreign company wishes to set up a branch in the UK it may wish to send a senior employee to the UK to set up and manage the UK branch. Such a senior employee may apply for a “Sole Representative” visa on this basis. If the application is successful the visa will be granted for three years. A foreign company can only have one UK Sole Representative visa holder. 

When the visa is near to expiry, and if the foreign parent company and the UK branch are still in existence and the relationship between them is still the same, the Sole Representative may be able to apply to extend their visa. If this application is successful the visa will be extended for a further two years.

As the rules stand at present, a Sole Representative visa holder may apply for indefinite Leave to Remain after five years in that capacity.

There is also an English language requirement for the Sole Representative visa and dependants may be included in the application.

To find out more about the above, you are welcome to call us on 020 8566 5522 for a preliminary informal discussion of your matter. We may ask you to send us further information about your matter either by fax on 020 8566 5511 or by email at so that we may get a fuller picture of your circumstances.

After this initial discussion, you may wish to book an appointment for a full consultation via SKYPE or ideally at our offices located at 7 Central Chambers, The Broadway, Ealing, W5 2NR. We are directly opposite Ealing Broadway tube and railway station.

Ready to talk?

Call us on 020 8566 5522

Office hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm


Call us now on
07932 625 998

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm

Get In Touch

Complete our
Contact Form